Room Use and Information
The David R. Obey Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center offers rooms available for use at no-charge during normal weekday operating hours of Tuesday through Friday to the following organizations or groups:
- County, state, federal, tribal or local governments.
- Educational institutions, including any technical, trade or vocational schools.
- Non-profit Organizations-501(c)(3)s.
- Organizations whose proposed use of the facility is consistent with the mission at the discretion of the Center Director.
Ineligible events, organizations include:
- Private events (e.g. birthday, wedding, funeral, baby/wedding showers, etc.).
- Commercially sponsored events or activities. Programs with intent to sell, promote, or give away products or services. Exceptions may be made by Center Director for events sponsored by affiliated or partner organizations when not intended for purposes of profit but for education and may require Special Use Permit.
- Religious groups seeking to rent space to perform religious services or ceremonies.
- Other events that NGLVC Board feels could interrupt the operations of the Center.
- Political groups, campaigning, fundraising, protesting within the facility, etc.
- To request a room, please check our Calendar Page for availability first, then use our Suggest an Event. Reservations are not guaranteed nor confirmed until you receive a call or email from our staff. Please ensure all information is provided along with the name and contact of the group representative. The group representative must review and be responsible for understanding our room use policy found here.
For questions, please email email@example.com, or call 715-685-2660.
Hours of Operations
- Meetings/events must be conducted during normal weekday operating hours (Tuesday through Friday). Setup, cleanup, and breakdown must be done within the agreed upon reservation time. Depending on the size and complexity of your meeting or event, plan at least 30 to 60 minutes to complete all tasks associated with setting up/breakdown and cleanup of rooms. For this reason, we recommend meetings begin no earlier than 9:30 am and end by 4:30pm. Exceptions maybe granted with prior approval.
Cancellations & Changes
- NGLVC may need to move a meeting or event from its reserved room to an alternative suitable room that meets the needs of the group due to unforeseen circumstances.
- NGLVC reserves the right to cancel events or meetings for unforeseen circumstances, such as a government shutdown.
Supplies & Services Available
- Coffee is available for purchase from the Friends of the Center for $2 per person for an endless cup. Please confirm at time of the reservation if needed.
- Groups may bring pre-cooked food and snacks. (The kitchen is not available at this time).
- Overhead projector, video conferencing, and flipcharts are available by request: indicate your needs at the time of reservation to ensure availability.
- Laptops are not provided. Photocopying or printing material is not available.
Click on Meeting Room Capacity & Equipment for more information.